Wednesday 15 April 2015

First Blog Post... scary

Well, this is a little bit scary. I'd said to myself that I was going to start a blog a while ago - but it never happened. The reason I'd been putting off creating a blog for so long, is quite simply, the fear of judgement. No one likes or wants to be judged. But my friend Siobhan convinced me yesterday to just man up and do it, "create a blog!" she said, so here I am.

I'm Lydia Black, I was born on the 31st of May, 1996 - making me 18 (nearly 19, yay!) I'm a student, and I study Media at Leeds Trinity University, although I am originally from Coventry in the West Midlands. I found the move of 199 miles from my home city somewhat daunting. But I love the independence and student life now! (Well most aspects of student life, I could do with more money...) Freshers week nearly killed me of - quite literally. But despite my somewhat interesting introduction to Leeds, I now love it.

I'm going into my final semester of my first year, and student life really has been everything I'd hoped it'd be and more. I've met some amazing people in my time in Leeds and I can't wait to see what the future holds for me.

Finally, I know this is usually the bit where some might say what they're going to include on their blog - a possible theme or structure? But I honestly have no idea. I intend to just go with the flow, write about whatever I fancy! I may do something really light one day, then something really serious the next! I don't even know if I'm going to get any readers other than my mum at this point, so we'll just see where it goes for now!

So yeah, that's it from me, first blog post done - scary.

Lydia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment