Wednesday 22 April 2015

OOTD (kinda)

Hi everyone!

A bit of a girly post today! On Saturday I went to one of my closest friends, dads, surprise 50th birthday party! He was totally surprised, and it was a really good night! But anyway, I thought my outfit and makeup might interest some of you, so here you go!



(Quick side note; meet my cat Pud!)

I was slightly worried that I'd be wearing too much stripe, but I think it worked well in the end!


- The trousers are black and white striped, and they are from Florence and Fred, Tesco believe it or not!
- The black and white top is actually a bodysuit, and that was from Missguided (I got this recently so get in there quick!)
- The heels are my favourite (but an absolute killer, but they're pretty so who cares!), they were from Missguided also!
- The choker necklace you can sort of see had a little sun on it, and I wore an infinity sign necklace too, here's a close up! Both are from Missguided.
















- The infinity necklace came in a pack with a bracelet and ring which I also wore! Along with a black and gold chunky ring from Primark and my gold Michael Kors watch!
- And finally, although not pictured, I also used a white clutch bag with a gold clasp!

Now, onto my favourite part - makeup!

Starting with the face!



- As a base I used Rimmel's Fix & Perfect primer, its fab!
- Then I used Nivea's BB-Cream which is also a moisturiser just to give a bit of a dewy glow!
- To cover up my dark circles, I used the salmon shade of Dirty Works, Bye Bye Dark Circles, it works miracles!
- Next I applied my foundation which is Loreal's True Match in the shade Beige.
- To help brighten my eyes, I used Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer, in the shade ivory.
- For any blemishes and imperfections, I used Maybelline's Cover Stick in the shade ivory.
- Then I powdered (a very broken powder as the picture shows), I used Rimmel's Clear Complexion in Transparent.
- Contour, highlight and blush next! My favourite! I used the Sleek Face Form Palette in the shade light.

Eyes and Eyebrows now!


- For the eyebrows I used the powder in Sleek's Brow Kit in the shade light - I find a powder so much easier to use and it gives a much more natural effect!
- For my eyeshadow, I used Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette (best Naked palette in my opinion!) I used 'booty call' all over the lid, on my brow bone and in the inner corner of my eye, I then used 'tease' on the outer corner and in the crease and blended it all together!
- I used a few mascara's just to get a bit of length and volume, this time I used, Rimmel's Wonderfull mascara which has argan oil in! I also used Seventeen's Black lash, and finally on my bottom lashes I applied a thin coat of Rimmel's Lash Accelerator

Finally, Lips & Nails!


- For my lip liner, I used Mac's Whirl which is gorgeous!
- For the lipstick, I applied Mac's Velvet Teddy, again, gorgeous!
- And just in the centre of my lips I used Soap & Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker in the shade Charm Offensive, just to make my lips that bit plumper!


For my nails I used Barry M's Gelly Nail Paint in the shade Coconut, its beautiful, crisp and clean!

Here's the finished makeup look...


Excuse the half-ish face!
As you can see I focused mainly on the eyes and the lips! There's definitely some things I'd do differently next time (more bronzer?), but I was still really pleased with the outcome, as I'm obviously no Pixiwoo or Tanya Burr!

That's it for me for now!


Lydia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment